Friday, June 18, 2010

The Summer of Me

I have waited for sweet peas since my folks gave me the seed packet in December. Sweet peas are my very favorite flower, but they sure took their merry sweet time arriving.



Swoon! That sweet delicate smell, feminine petals and tiny tendrils.



I am in love all over again! (Sigh)



The arrival of sweet peas can only mean one thing--this is going to be a beautiful summer. The summer of sleeping in and crisp morning walks to the local library or farmer's market. The summer of driving up to some funky SF neighborhood and hanging out just because I can. The summer of seeing friends. The long coastal drives and late night movies summer. The summer of lunch beer and more lunch beer. The garden summer, the flowering summer. The summer of all the small things I sometimes forget.

1 comment:

  1. i love this post, em. i love that you are embracing all the things that come your way, expected or not. i hope your summer is everything you wish for. i have a good feeling about it. xo

    ReplyDelete