Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Grew This!

I am so proud of all the people in my life who love the earth, love food, and are passionate about making things grow. This dedication to creating and growing is one of the most beautiful things in the world. I can't resist showing off our delicious results!



Attack of Di and her killer tomatoes.




Jenn's Japanese eggplant. She's growing two kinds of peppers too!





I just love this photo--My mom shows off crisp sweet snap peas and edible nasturtiums.




And my own crowning glory--green beans! Look at 'em go! This is something new for me and they've been quite successful. As you can see, they survived the move just fine and are happier than ever. There is a late summer steak salad in my near future featuring these beauties.





It's images like this I keep in my head when there's only destruction and hate on the evening news. This is what I remember when I'm feeling low. This is real beauty. This is what it's all about.

2 comments:

  1. Wait... Mom's growing SUGAR SNAP PEAS?! Those are my favorites! Can you make sure she saves me a few? I'ma be home next Thursday.

    ReplyDelete