Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring in my step


Thank you, planet earth, for knowing exactly what it would take to rocket me out of the dregs of last week. If you were human, I would buy you a lager and ask you to dish on other planets, and how Venus and Jupiter have a secret thing going or whatever. Because, honey, let me tell you, a little warmth was all I needed.

Ooh, that sun.


To celebrate, I will have a beer on my balcony and sing a super nerdy song:




70 Degrees...no socks...la la la la!


Um, right. I digress.
New for spring. Potatoes are out and the newbies are in.
(I dug the rest up and my mom made homefries with sauteed pepper.)


New garden friends.
Clockwise from lower right: cucumber, jalapenos, bok choy and flat leaf Italian parsley.



Bok choy. I know, right?



Jalapeno peppers. Sure, they look innocent now...



Rainbow chard. Look at the colored stems showing already.



...and sweet peas. I am attempting a non-edible flower. It happens to be my favorite flower of all time, so I'm really hoping they like my garden and grow for me. Come on, little honeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment