Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garden Spotlight: Early Summer Goodies

It's early summer in my balcony garden!


This is a yellow flower called biden (like the vice president) that's supposed to attract bees and other beneficial insects. Hey, the more the merrier, I say. Honey bees and hummingbirds and all their pollinatin' friends can stop by anytime.




Hopefully, they'll like this African blue basil, planted here with my baby Japanese eggplants.




And that's not all. Look at these beautiful plants--black cherry tomato...




...cucumber that makes me dream of lox and shmear...



...a new friend--pole beans!



...and old familiar ones, like my monster, out of control radishes. I can't wait to eat these with cold dip and salt.



Maybe green herb dip with this parsley. Maybe a cold beer, too.

3 comments:

  1. everything looks great! i'm still just planting seeds now. maybe my garden will look like this in another two months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I'm so tempted to start growing something.

    ReplyDelete