Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

2010 is the year I try new things. This is a challenge for me as I claim to be adventurous but am really a creature of habit. I fight this urge all the time. I like things that are different and new and fresh, but in a way I crave routine. I've ordered the same meal at my local sushi restaurant for 2 years now to the point where my favorite waiter asks, the usual? (Dude, I have a usual somewhere!) Maybe this is true for many others living in this modern time--we have a pioneering spirit, and think not only is anything possible but we can and will do anything that's possible. And yet so often we stick with the comfort and safety of what we know and have done. Anyway, inspired by my cousin, sister, and brother in law (whose blogs I read religiously), I am starting 2010 with something new.

1 comment: