Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring Cleaning


I spent a luxurious 6 hours this weekend outdoors working in gardens.  At The Free Farm in the city (seen here in the new greenhouse), I helped secure clotheslines on pulleys, amongst other things.  I knew all those years of knot tying skills at Girl Scout summer camp would eventually come in handy!


Then on Sunday, there was plenty to be done in my own garden.  I took full advantage of the sun.  Hope this orchid is happy in its new container!


 Or how about some new blooms?  I've never grown Gerbera daisies before.


It only looks like complete chaos.  


Baby arugula window box.


New improved chive planter!  The old classic is back.  This was one of my garden originals.  I've added purple violas and pansies, and moved the parsley, sage, and thyme (no rosemary though) to join the chives.



So pretty.


Oh, spring, you cad.  I thought you'd never come.


At the end of a workday, I don't mind coming home to a greeting like this:

1 comment:

  1. oh my god these photos are making me crazy for spring! it's negative three today! it'll be months before it can look at this in my own yard. at least i have yours to tide me over 'till then!

    ReplyDelete