Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Girl on the Block

You guys, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Wait till you see the newest garden prize (aka why I should never be allowed to browse while picking up soil at OSH because it may or may not lead to pricey impulse buys). It's my very own dwarf Meyer lemon tree!

Don't you think fruit trees are so romantic? Lemon trees especially. They're so sexy California. My neighborhood is filled with them and I've always wanted one. There's something appealing about the idea of offering someone a gin & tonic in your best Lauren Bacall smoky noir voice, and then reaching delicate fingers over fruit for it from the tree outside your window. Not that I associate film noir with lemons...but I do with booze. Which goes great with fresh lemon. Hey, you know what else goes with lemon? EVERYTHING. Love it.


Hi, I'm Liz Lemon. I like to wear man shirts. Watch me skateboard!

Let's ask Max what he thinks...

Not sure, huh?

Actually, the photo I didn't get was him storming up, taking one sniff and shoving it over. He didn't get the memo about seductive citrus. Cocktail party at my place, as soon as my tree gets lemons. Or maybe we should do a couple of practice rounds first, just to be safe.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, baby, I am there! Cocktail hour begins at 5?
    --Kate ... the one from Paris, dahling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the smell of lemon blossoms is divine!

    ReplyDelete